Trinity Cathedral, Capitol Ave., west from 16th Street, Omaha, Neb.
Color postcard (14 x 9 cm.) with a view looking west from 16th Street along Capitol Avenue in Omaha, Nebraska. Trinity Cathedral is visible on the left side of the postcard on the south side of Capitol Avenue as it extends west from 16th Street. At the top of Capitol Avenue at 20th Street is Omaha High School. The tower from the old Omaha High is seen behind the east wing of the new Omaha High under construction.
Trinity Cathedral is Omaha's first Episcopal Cathedral. It was designed by Henry G. Harrison with many gothic features, and built between 1880 and 1883 almost entirely of blue Illinois limestone. It was consecrated Nov. 15, 1883. Source: Spencer, Jeffrey. "Building for the Ages: Omaha's Architectural Landmarks." Omaha Books, 2003. p. 57.