The land for Curtiss Turner Park was donated to the city of Omaha by Charles Turner in 1900. He made the donation in memory of his son, Curtiss C. Turner, who died in 1898. The boys in the park are the sons of William Wallace, who was a vice president of Omaha National Bank, as well as the president of the Omaha Library Board. Source: Morton, Julius Sterling. Illustrated History of Nebraska: A History of Nebraska from the Earliest Explorations of the Trans-Mississippi Region, with Steel Engravings, Copper Plates, Maps, and Tables, Volume 1. Lincoln: J. North, 1905, p. 762; Spencer, Jeffrey. Historic Photos of Omaha. Nashville: Turner Publishing, 2007, p. 96.