Color postcard (13 1/2 x 8 1/2 cm) with a view of St. Matthias Church, 1423 South 10th (10th & Pierce Streets), which is a large gray stone fortress-looking building, and Brownell Hall School, 10th & Worthington Streets, which is a large red brick building, both in Omaha, Nebraska.
St. Mathias Church, now known as Dietz Memorial Methodist Church, is located at 10th & Worthington. It was built in 1888-89 for an estimated $40,000 on land donated by bankers Herman & Augustus Kountze. It was designed by New York architect J.H.W. Hawkins. It is a combination of Gothic and Romanesque architectural styles known as Richardsonian Romanesque. The stained glass windows were created by Cox & Sons of Buckley, England. In 1920, the church was purchased by Dietz Memorial United Methodist Church. Brownell Hall School was established in 1863. This building shown was completed in 1887. It was later purchased by Grace Bible Institute. Source: Omaha Public Library History Clipping File- St. Matthias Episcopal Church.