Color postcard (14 x 9 cm.) with a view of a small stone footbridge in Hanscom Park, located at 3201 Woolworth Avenue in Omaha, Nebraska. The bridge covers a small creek which appears to end just a few feet past the visible side of the bridge. One woman dressed in white blouse and long skirt is on the bridge and another woman with white blouse and long dark skirt is standing on the bank of the creek extending a handkerchief in her hand to the other woman.
One of Omaha's oldest parks is Hanscom Park. The 50 acre tract was donated to the city in 1872 by Andrew J. Hanscom and James Megeath. The park is located in what was then the extreme southwestern part of the city. It is currently bordered by Avenues Woolworth on the north, Park on the east, Ed Creighton on the south and 32nd on the west. 1889 saw considerable changes to the park. Noted landscape architect H.W.S. Cleveland introduced a more natural look. Park commissioners in 1898 stated that the park now boasted 2 lakes, a cascade, several flower beds, fountains, paved roads and mature trees. Source: Savage, James, History of the city of Omaha, Nebraska, Chicago: Munsell & Company, c1894, p. 437.