Library and reading room for patients and employees, Orthopedic Hospital, Lincoln
The interior view of the library In this 6-1/2' x 4" black and white plate includes the librarian's desk, two reading tables with chairs, bookshelves and display cases. The entry door has sidelights and a transom. Woven rugs cover the wooden floors. Framed pictures hang above the bookcases.
Nebraska. Board of Commissioners of State Institutions
Excerpted from: "Sixth Biennial Report of the Superintendent of the Orthopedic Hospital, Lincoln, Nebraska" In Second Biennial Report of the Board of Commissioners of State Institutions to the Governor and Legislature of the State of Nebraska for the Biennium Ending November 30, 1916 (Lincoln: Nebraska Board of Commissioners of State Institutions, 1914), plate between pp. 348-349.
The State Library Commission installed and supervised the library in the new building in 1915. The library served employees and patients.