Excerpted from: "Sixteenth Biennial Reports of the Superintendent of the Nebraska Institution for Feeble-Minded Youth" In the Second Biennial Report of the Board of Commissioners of State Institutions to the Governor and Legislature of the State of Nebraska for the Biennium Ending November 30, 1916 (Lincoln: Nebraska Board of Commissioners of State Institutions, 1914), plate between pp. 127-129.
Built between 1915 and 1916, the lower floor housed a gymnasium, shop and manual training rooms, the second floor contained four classrooms, a library and music room, an auditorium that seated about 7500 filled the top floor. The auditorium included a film projector. At the end of the biennium, the institute housed 527 children and had a waiting list of 32.