The Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library digitized a typewritten manuscript of local history, with handwritten corrections, compiled by Violet E. Garrison for the Tilden Women's Club in the 1950s. The manuscript covers the history of Tilden from 1867 to 1902. A note at the beginning of the manuscript states, "At the beginning of each year--we 'fit' the Tilden Community Story into the larger framework of American history to help the reader 'place' the period we describe."
Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library Rights Statement
The Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes, and for personal enjoyment. Permission to reproduce these images in any form other than for personal individual use must be obtained in writing from the Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library. For more information about digital imaging use contact us at:
Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library
202 South Center St.
P.O. Box 457
Tilden, NE 68781